Monday, August 09, 2004

The Integrity League's Unexplained lack of integrity explained euphemistically. PLUS: Talk of Bears

If anyone actually checks up on this blog anymore, they would probably have noticed that I've been out of commission for quite some time - as far as blogging goes. One bad move and the whole system went down. This disastrous, bad luck induced Integrity Leauge domino effect has come to a halt on the screen of your personal computers, and for that I apologize. Apparently a domestic problem can lead to a life filled with sleeping. I shall explain in part: Due to a lack of communication, the comcast internet bill was never paid, therefore the internet stopped working? What kind of deal is that? Not only did the internet stop working, but the cable television stopped working. I've resorted to sleeping all day, much like a bear escapes the cold desolation of winter by sleeping in a cave all season. The only difference is my lack of stored animal carcasses, BUT, just like a bear, I hate hunting in the winter. (I have a refrigerator with some cheese, various condiments and bottled water in it, this is a great example of how we humans are at the top of the food chain).

I woke up the other day to find my roommate and her little brother hauling her computer away. It's not that big of a deal because without the internet the only thing I could really do with the computer was play solitaire - but for some reason she took the phone with her too. I am totally perplexed. I'm "scratching my head on this one". Why would she take the phone? Now I cant "buzz" people into the apartment building like I could at one point. No one really ever comes to visit me anyways, but without the internet, and without the ability to let people inside, I've become totally isolated in my own "cold desolate world". I have no choice but to Hibernate.

I commute to Hastings almost every weekend now, but I am usually too lazy or uninspired to type up a post from my parents' computer. In approximately 1.5 months I'll be back for good, I think. The integrity of the Integrity Leauge shall be fully restored. I will triumphantly return to my former typing glory. (Pay homage to my awesome red power).

1 comment:

Randall J. said...

So did you grow a big scraggly beard too? Oh wait, i saw you the other night and you didnt have one. I think having a scraggly beard (or at least unkempt facial hair) is an integral part of hiberation. Then again, some of us (like me) would look downright silly that way.